Board of Health
The Fargo Cass Public Health Board of Health is an advisory board appointed by the City of Fargo Commission. The Board of Health meets on a monthly basis. Duties of the Board of Health include:
- Be a community advocate for public health. Assist the department in maintaining a positive public image.
- Set the direction for effective organizational planning.
- Approve goals and objectives developed by health department staff. Ensure that the programs planned support the health department mission and philosophy.
- Assist in prioritizing programs with regard to community needs.
- Approve and review the annual budget and financial reports. Make recommendations as necessary to the appropriate commission.
- Recommend health department policies and procedures.
- Attend Board of Health meetings. Ask questions, bring up community issues, and provide suggestions to staff.
- Make recommendations to Fargo City Commission, West Fargo City Commission, and Cass County Commission regarding enforcement issuers necessary to maintain the health of the public.