Cass County COVID-19 Testing
Page reviewed/updated 1.19.2022
Health Systems Testing
Area health systems provide COVID-19 testing for individuals who meet their screening criteria. Individuals with symptoms of COVID-19 should contact their healthcare provider for guidance prior to going to a clinic or office.
- Essentia Health COVID-19 Hotline 1.833.494.0836 or start an e-visit online at www.essentiahealth.org/COVID-19.
- Sanford Health 701.234.5000 for 'My Sanford Nurse' or start an e-visit online at www.sanfordhealth.org/campaign/covid19-care.
- Weekend testing is available through Sanford; appointments are required. For more information, visit https://www.sanfordhealth.org/conditions-diseases/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19.
Fargo Cass Public Health Testing
Please note: Due to increased testing demand, and near capacity for the space at the FCPH testing site, individuals from Moorhead area schools & universities should contact the school district or institution for testing opportunities or utilize the Vault Community Testing site in Moorhead. We will continue to monitor and adjust our operations on the ND side as needed and appreciate the community's patience as we work through that process.
The FCPH test site provides RT PCR and BinaxNOW rapid tests. Individuals will be given the option of being tested with either the BinaxNOW rapid test OR the PCR test.
PCR results are typically available within 72 hours from when the state lab gets the sample. Rapid test results are typically available within 2 hours from the time the test is administered.
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
3051 25th Street South, Fargo, Suite K (located in the Family Fare strip mall, between the Hi-Ho Burgers and Brews and Grand Junction Grilled Subs restaurants)
* Pre-registration is required for first-time testers and can be completed here: https://testreg.nd.gov/.
* Pre-registration only needs to be completed one time, even if participating in multiple testing events.
* Appointments are not needed.
* There is no cost for testing or screening.
Please note: masks are required at the testing site. Masks are provided for those who may not have one.
Both PCR (saliva method) and rapid (antigen) tests are available at this site. PCR results will be provided via email after approximately 48 - 72 hours. Rapid test results will be available within approximately 1-3 hours of processing.
Sundays: 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday: 11:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
1110 S. 14th Street, Moorhead, MN 56560, Former Thomas Edison Elementary School (Vault Community Testing Site)
* Walk-ins are welcome, but scheduling an appointment is strongly encouraged: https://mncovidtestingappt.as.me/schedule.php
Testing Requirements for Travel
*Individuals with a testing requirement for travel should review Travel COVID-19 Result Guidance (PDF) for important information related to test results. This document is also available on the North Dakota Department of Health website in French, Kurdish, Swahili, Spanish, Schezsuan, Somali, Nepali, and Arabic.
Individuals who need test results for travel purposes should obtain a result copy by accessing an account through the Citizen Portal:
* You will need to create or use an existing NDLogin and associate it with your TestReg registration account. An NDLogin is an account that can be used to access multiple online services provided by North Dakota state government (ex. Game & Fish, Job Service, Parks and Recreation) without the need to create a new account for each service.
* You will be prompted to create an account when accessing your result e-notification and when registering for a test at testreg.nd.gov.
* Step by step instructions for creating and accessing an account is found here: Citizen Portal Screenshots.pdf (nd.gov)
* An FAQ for the Citizen Portal can be found here: Public FAQ's TestReg Login_citizen portal (1).pdf (nd.gov)
Individuals with a COVID-19 testing requirement for travel should be tested using the RT PCR test, available Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 3051 25th Street South, Fargo, Suite K. Pre-registration is required and can be completed here: https://testreg.nd.gov/.
Upon arrival for testing, travelers should inform testing site personnel they are a traveler. The nasal collection method should be used as it is most widely accepted by airlines. COVID-19 screening events using the BinaxNOW rapid test do not meet acceptable testing criteria for most airlines and/or foreign countries.
COVID-19 Test Results
PLEASE NOTE: If you test positive for COVID-19, stay home and isolate according to the latest guidance
- Retesting after a positive home test is not necessary and not recommended due to the short supply of test kits and testing supplies in the United States.
- Look for emergency warning signs with your illness and contact your health care provider immediately if you notice of these signs.
BinaxNOW Rapid Screen: results are typically available within 2 hours from the time the test is administered. The notification preference is selected during pre-registration: https://testreg.nd.gov/.
* The below information applies to testing events through Fargo Cass Public Health. If you had a sample taken at a private health care facility, please contact that provider.
* If you opted to receive an e-notification of test results, you will be prompted to enter your date of birth.
Individuals with a positive test result will be notified by e-notification or phone call within 72 hours from when the lab gets the sample, but may vary depending on a variety of factors (e.g. the time required to get the sample to the lab, number of samples that need to be tested, etc). Once you receive this e-notification/call, please stay at home. Others that live with you in the same household should also stay at home. Soon after, you will receive another call from a COVID-19 caseworker that will provide you with instructions for you and your family and will ask questions to help identify other individuals that you may have been in close contact with. The phone call may come from an out-of-state number. You can expect this call with your caseworker to take up to one hour.
If your test was positive and you need documentation or confirmation, ask your case worker. If you don't have your case worker's contact information, reach out to the public health hotline at 1-866-207-2880 option 2.
Individuals with a negative test result will be notified within 3 days, but may vary depending on a variety of factors (e.g. the time required to get the sample to the lab, number of samples that need to be tested, etc). The notification will occur through an automated notification as requested through the preregistration process OR a phone call from Noridian Healthcare Solutions or North Dakota Department of Health personnel. If you were expecting an email notification and didn't get one, please check your spam mailbox.
If You Didn’t Receive a Result Or Would Like Documentation or Confirmation of your Test Result:
If it’s been more than 3 days since you attended a testing event or if you would like documentation or confirmation of your negative test result, visit COVID-19 Testing Result Follow-Up to fill out a survey. The email notification you receive serves as the official confirmation of your test result. You are free to provide this to employers, use it for travel, etc. If you are unable to access your results using the Citizen Portal or the Online Survey, call the result notification line at 701.204.6664 Monday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Holidays may affect these times.
Please visit https://www.health.nd.gov/covidtestresults for more information on positve and negative test results.