Residents are encouraged to apply for appointment to the City of Fargo’s Human Relations Commission by visiting FargoND.gov/GettingInvolved.
Applications will begin to be reviewed on July 22 and applying before that date is encouraged and appreciated.
Name of Board: Human Relations Commission
Opening(s): Three (3) Commissioners
- Third Thursday of each month at 12 p.m.
Average Time Commitment: One to five (1-5) hours per month
- Provide leadership in the areas of civil rights.
- Encourage and educate the public in the promotion of civil rights.
- Identify issues of principal concern to members of the community in the area of civil rights and to recommend priorities and objectives to the board of city commissioners.
- Encourage adherence to federal and state laws regarding civil rights, including Chapter 14-02.4 of the North Dakota Century Code, through education, conciliation and mediation.
Residents are encouraged to research and apply for appointment to any of the boards, commissions and committees for consideration in the event of future vacancies.
Mayor Tim Mahoney stated, “We are actively seeking applicants with backgrounds and experiences to effectively represent the people of Fargo. Please consider serving your city.”