Board of Health
The Fargo Cass Public Health Board of Health is an advisory board appointed by the Fargo City Commission. Beginning in 2023, the Board of Health will meet quarterly at a minimum. Board responsibilities:
- Be a community advocate for public health.
- Make recommendations to the Board of City Commissioners and Cass County Commission regarding public health issues ensuring policy and legislation is based on the most rigorous and current scientific evidence based on expert recommendation or evidence-based or promising practices.
- Provide feedback on the public health department’s strategic plan and provide guidance on goals and objectives and ensure alignment with the health department’s mission.
- Assist in providing feedback in identifying and prioritizing programs using data highlighting community needs.
- Review the annual budget and fiscal reports and provide a recommendation to support or revise.
- Review and make recommendations regarding the public health department’s policies and procedures involving significant changes.
- Provide feedback on performance evaluations on the Health Officer and the Director of Public Health positions if requested by City Administration.
Meeting Schedule & Location
The Board meets quarterly at 12 p.m. in the City Commission Room at 225 4th Street North, Fargo, ND, 58102. Meetings are broadcast live on cable channel TV Fargo 56 and can be seen live at www.FargoND.gov/streaming. They are rebroadcast each Tuesday at 10:30 a.m.
All meetings are open to the public. People with disabilities who plan to attend the meeting and need special accommodations should reach out to Fargo Cass Public health by contacting Lori by email or calling 701.241.1361. Please contact Fargo Cass Public Health at least three business days in advance of public meetings to give staff adequate time to make arrangements.