Board of Health
The Fargo Cass Public Health Board of Health is an advisory board appointed by the City of Fargo Commission. The Board of Health meets every other month. Some of the responsibilities of the Board of Health include:
- Be a community advocate for Public Health. Assist the department in maintaining a positive public image.
- Participate in strategic or organizational planning.
- Provide guidance as needed on goals and objectives developed by health department staff. Ensure that the programs planned support the Public Health mission and philosophy.
- Assist in identifying and prioritizing programs with regard to community needs.
- Review the annual budget and fiscal reports and provide a recommendation to support or revise.
- Recommend health department policies and procedures.
- Attend Board of Health meetings. Ask questions, bring up community issues, and provide suggestions to staff.
- Make recommendations to Fargo City Commission, West Fargo City Commission, and Cass County Commission regarding enforcement issues necessary to maintain the health of the public.
- Uphold the mission and vision of Public Health by remaining unbiased in analysis and guidance, focusing on evidence-based practices.
Meeting Schedule & Location
The Board meets every other month at 12 p.m. in the City Commission Room at 225 4th Street North, Fargo, ND, 58102. Meetings are broadcast live on cable channel TV Fargo 56 and can be seen live at www.FargoND.gov/streaming. They are rebroadcast each Tuesday at 10:30 a.m.
All meetings are open to the public. People with disabilities who plan to attend the meeting and need special accommodations should reach out to Fargo Cass Public health by contacting Lori by email or calling 701.241.1361. Please contact Fargo Cass Public Health at least three business days in advance of public meetings to give staff adequate time to make arrangements.