Project: 7th Avenue North Improvements
By the end of this weekend, contractors for the City of Fargo’s 7th Avenue North road and watermain improvement project will reopen 7th Avenue North from the east side of the Broadway intersection to the alley west of 2nd Street North.
By late evening Saturday, August 29, motorists can expect the following traffic pattern:
- 7th Avenue North open between east of Broadway and to the alley west of 2nd Street North, including all intersections and driveways
- Pedestrian access available on both sides of the roadway
- Minor traffic impacts throughout the project area as finishing touches are completed
The purpose of this project was to upgrade portions of the City’s infrastructure in this area including water main, sanitary sewer, storm sewer, pavement, curb and gutter, and traffic signals.
This stretch of roadway had aging pavement and underground utilities that had been subject to numerous unscheduled repairs through the years. The project included up-sizing the water main on 7th Avenue North to 16" diameter pipe between 4th Street to Broadway. The up-sized pipe, in conjunction with various water tower upgrades, was a critical component in providing north Fargo with a reliable water supply.
Project work was split into the following phases:
- Phase 1: 7th Avenue North from Broadway to the alley west of 2nd Street
- Phase 1A - Broadway and 7th Avenue intersection
- Phase 1B - 4th Street and 7th Avenue intersection