Inspections Hero

Demolition Permit Requirements

When you wish to demolish a building within Fargo's jurisdiction, you will be required to obtain a demolition permit through the Inspections Department. If the building has connection to the City water and sewer services, you must disconnect both services and have the discontinuation verified by Building Inspections and Water Mains & Hydrants.

You will need to provide verification in writing from both departments that their respective systems have been properly capped before a demolition permit can be issued for the structure.

Permits to demolish a building with these services carry a $100 fee. If the building you want to demolish is smaller than 400 square feet and does not have utility connections, such as a small garage or storage shed, the permit fee is $40.