This annual event cleans up our cities by giving residents an opportunity to dispose of tires, appliances and other large items at no charge on their recycling collection day.
2023 Cleanup Week will take place the weeks of May 1-5 and 8-12, and, like last year, will follow the recycling collection schedule. The week of May 1st is a "B" week or the green weeks on your calendar for recycling collection, and the week of May 8th is an "A" week, or the white weeks on your calendar. Residents may place unwanted debris for disposal on the boulevard in front of their properties to be disposed of by the City. Debris will be collected on residents' scheduled recycling collection day from 7 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. A collection schedule map is available at FargoND.gov/RecyclingSchedule.
Debris should be set out on the boulevard before 7 a.m. on residents’ scheduled day. A limit of two appliances per household will be accepted. Up to four tires and rims will be collected per household. Logs and brush up to 10 inches in diameter will also be accepted. Building materials such as wood or concrete will not be collected. Electronics, including televisions and computers, as well as household hazardous waste including paints, stains, varnish and other waste should not be set out for pickup. One television and one computer per household per month may be disposed of at the Household Hazardous Waste Facility as well as the household hazardous waste items. Residents will be charged for Cleanup piles that are deemed excessive by City of Fargo staff.
As of January 4, 2021, the residential transfer station was made available to residents of Fargo to haul unwanted debris or large items at no charge year round. The transfer station is located in building 4 at the landfill and is available to residents of Fargo only. Residents can bring non Freon appliances (limit 2 per month), cardboard, automotive batteries, metals such as grills, shelving, lawn mowers, patio furniture, snow blowers, bed frames, household garbage, furniture, large items and All-in-One recycling to the transfer station at no charge. Proof of residency is required. Commercial waste and or building materials/concrete are not accepted in this program. The Landfill is open Monday through Friday from 7:15 a.m. until 5 p.m. and Saturdays from 7:15 a.m. until 1 p.m.
The Household Hazardous Waste Facility, located at 606 43 ½ St. N., is open from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. It is open from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. on Wednesdays and the second Saturday of each month from 8 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Cleanup Week Partners
- The City of Fargo
- The City of Moorhead
- The City of Dilworth
- The City of West Fargo
- Clay County
Learn more about the region's Cleanup Week efforts at CleanupWeek.com
Cleanup Week Reminders
- Separate items of the same type into distinct piles (tires, appliances, furniture, brush, household garbage, etc.). Separate trucks collect the items.
- Place garbage in disposable containers, except for oversized items.
- Items will be collected on your recycling day. Do not set items out more than one day early.
- Crews will not return to pick up garbage set out too late.
- Remove refrigerator and freezer doors. Do not place food or any other waste inside appliances.
- Items must be from residences; no commercial waste will be accepted. Keep household garbage at least four feet away from other Cleanup Week items.
- Please remember to donate any household items or gently used furniture to our local thrift stores.