The 2021 International Codes are in effect as of May 31,2022.
The Inspections Department enforces codes adopted by the City of Fargo, including heating, cooling, electrical, plumbing and building, as well as some of the city's ordinances.
The City Commission has adopted the following codes and associated local amendments:
- Fire Protection and Prevention Ordinance 5354
- 2021 International Energy Conservation Code Local Amendment
- 2021 International Property Maintenance Code Local Amendment
- 2021 International Fuel Gas Code Local Amendment
- 2021 International Mechanical Code Local Amendment
- 2021 International Existing Building Code Local Amendment
- 2021 International Residential Code Local Amendment
- 2021 International Building Code Local Amendment
- Classification of Ordinance Violations Ordinance 5346
- 2018 North Dakota State Plumbing Code Uniform Plumbing Code - 2018
- 2020 National Electrical Code
- 2020 Laws, Rules, and Wiring Standards of North Dakota North Dakota 2020 Laws, Rules and Wiring Standards
- Fargo Sign Code
- Portions of the Land Development Code
- Portions of the Fargo Municipal Code, specifically Articles FMC 13-09 (Junked vehicles), FMC 21-04 (Dangerous Buildings), FMC 21-06 (Flood Plain Administration), FMC 25-03 (Outdoor Advertising), FMC 25-20 (House Moving) and any amendments to the above codes.
Amendments made to customize the International Codes to local conditions and concerns are available at our office at City Hall or on via the links on our web site. Please contact the Inspections Department to request them by mail or fax.