Inspections Hero

Moving a House or Garage

A home or garage may only be moved in or through the City of Fargo or its extraterritorial area by a house mover licensed by the City of Fargo. House mover licenses are issued by the city Auditor's Office.

If you are already a licensed house mover, you may submit an application for a house moving permit. A meeting may be required among relevant city departments and the house mover who submits an application. Such meetings are scheduled on alternate Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. as needed. House Moving Permit Application

If you've already submitted for a permit, you can check the approval status online. Comments from various City departments and utilites will show on that page. House Moving Application Status

*You do not need a moving permit for a single-wide mobile home.